Nov. 29, 2022
Neon lights are one of the most popular and versatile lighting options on the market today. From creating a cosy ambience in your home to lighting up a commercial space, they are a perfect choice. But with so many different types, colours and styles of LED flexible neon lights to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. This guide will give you all the information you need to choose the LED flexible neon light that best suits your needs.
Traditional neon lights are brightly lit energised glass tubes or bulbs filled with rare neon gas or other rare gases, a type of cold cathode gas discharge lamp. A neon tube is a sealed glass tube with electrodes at each end, filled with a low-pressure gas. A voltage of several thousand volts is applied to the electrodes, ionising the gas in the tube and causing it to emit light. The colour of the light depends on the gas in the tube. Neon, which is the phonetic translation of neon, is a rare gas that emits a popular orange-red light. However, other colours are produced using other gases, such as hydrogen (red), helium (pink), carbon dioxide (white), mercury vapour (blue), etc.
LED Neon Flex Light is a flexible linear uniform light that uses a high-brightness SMD LED strip as an internal light source and is wrapped in silicone, PVC or PU (polyurethane) to diffuse the light.
1. Low operating voltage with LED light source. Low power consumption and energy saving. Even at 24Vdc it can work normally and the power consumption is generally no more than 15W/m.
2. High brightness. The light source is made of ultra-high brightness SMD LEDs, with a density of 120 LEDs per metre, ensuring high brightness and an overall uniform luminous effect.
3. Durable. The light source is made of LEDs and can be used for up to 50,000 hours. A flexible silicone/PVC/PU gel is also used so there is no problem of breakage as with traditional glass neon signs.
4. Flexible, the LED neon light can be bent to a minimum diameter of 5cm and cut.
5. Safety. Unlike traditional glass neon which requires high voltage up to 15,000V to work properly, LED flexible neon works at 12V or 24V and is safe to use as it does not break and has low heat dissipation.
Easy to transport and install. As the light source is LED and the housing is PVC/Silicone/PU, it will not break during transport. You simply fix the mounting clips or mounting channels and then press the LED flexible neon light into the clips or mounting channels.
1. Conventional neon lights are expensive, complex and inconvenient when using glass tubes, high voltage electricity and inert gas. led neon flex uses LED technology and a new construction with a PVC, silicone or PU housing encasing the LED light source, unique optical design technology and a special housing design to increase the intensity and uniformity of the light. led neon flex is easy to manufacture and very efficient.
2. LED neon lights are brighter than conventional neon lights.
3. LED neon lights last longer and are more durable. With LED as the light source and a PVC/Silicone/PU housing, LED neon lights have a lifetime of up to 30,000 hours.
4. LED neon lights are more energy efficient, with a minimum power of less than 5W per metre compared to traditional glass neon lights, which are typically more than 20W per metre.
5. Conventional neon lights use a transformer to step up the voltage from 220V/100V to 15,000V to excite the inert gas inside the glass tube. A group of glass tubes can only emit light of one colour. If multiple colours are required, multiple sets of glass tubes are needed. LED neon lights can be bent and cut on site and are available in white, adjustable white, RGB, RGBW, DMX512 Pixel and many other different colours.
6. LED neon is safer to use as it uses low voltage: 12V, 24V, shockproof, low heat dissipation and safe to use.
7. Conventional neon lights can only be used at normal room temperature and must be used at a higher voltage, which is also more expensive and has a shorter lifespan. LED neon lights use LED as the light source, which is a cold light source with low heat dissipation and low power consumption. It is also shockproof and heat resistant.
8. LED neon lights are kinder to the environment. Conventional neon lights are polluted by heavy metals, whereas LED flexible neon lights do not contain heavy metals or other harmful substances.
Are you interested in learning more about the best LED neon light and how they can benefit you? Contact us today to secure an expert consultation!
Tel.: +86 20 3913 7589
Mob.: +86 133 1613 4528
Add.: Building B6, Huachuang Industrial Park, Shiji Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou, 511450